Thursday, April 10, 2008

OMG an post in this blogs!

So, it's been a while since I've adding anything here. No sh!t, right?

Oh, looking for a jobby-job. 'Nuff said.

Thinkin' 'bout bikey-bikes. It's in mah head.

People talking about upgrading their bikes really makes me want to build up my IRO. Oh, but for the money involved, I would.

Instead of the "Fitz" decals (which I have) on the gray bike, I was thinking I should have gone instead with "Bikes" 'cos it sounds and looks a bit more like "Brinks". Oh well.

I'm still considering the blue/gray/silver scheme. I'm also considering going with double-strap cages instead of the Speedplay Frogs. Mainly because I'm discovering cracks under the metal rings through which grease is leaking when I re-grease the pedals. To expect the pedals/cleats to last forever is, of course, unreasonable. But I don't fancy buying new ones (again with the money!). Maybe Crank Bros. eggbeaters or candies? Argh. Make no mistake, I love my Frogs, they're super easy to get into and out of and have served me quite well for a couple of years now.

I must confess that I find the double strap cages to be quite cool looking, which does, embarrassingly, influence my thinking on the matter. Also, I could just wear shoes (Adidas Superstar IIs, I'm looking at YOU) instead of cycling-shoes which aren't particularly comfortable for walking around in (and is hard on the cleats). What's a jobless tub to do?

On the topic of cycling-shoes: I'm having a love/hate relationship with my new Sidi Dragons. They fit, but just. If I wear thick socks, my toes will fall asleep after a while. If I wear thin socks, my toes get cold and eventually numb (in cold riding conditions). Yes, I've heard of wool and do, in fact, own a few pairs of Smart Wool socks which serve me well.

What a luxury to have such complaints! Hooray for America!(?)

Depression is a downer, I don't recommend it. Nobody wants to hear about that, so that's all I'll say.

At least I've found a "club" to ride with which is always enjoyable. Slow Sunday is awesome. We get to enjoy the daylight(!) and put on miles without the race-pace. We stop to get foods and snack! We take in the view! Hooray!

Alright, I've errands to run.

No comments: